This weeks Wedding Advice Wednesday is brought to you by the skin guru herself- Kayla Arave! I’ve trusted her with my own skin needs and I hope she can help you with yours! In the following post she shares all about how to have your dream wedding day skin and what you can do to prepare yourself now! Follow along on her adventures @araveartistry_skin_therapy on instagram!
Taking care of your skin should always be a priority, but we all want to have that perfect J-Lo look for our wedding day! Here are a few tips on how you can prepare your skin before your wedding and honeymoon!
1. Really focus on what your diet is!
Our skin is our biggest organ, everything that we put into our body shows right back up on our skin!
- Lower your dairy intake, or if you can, cut it out completely.
- Drink LOTS of water every day!
- Lower your sugar intake
- If you drink protein shakes make sure they are plant based ONLY.
Don’t wait to do anything just weeks before your wedding (especially if you have more severe skin problems that need attention)!
2. Schedule a consultation with a licensed professional
They can give you a customized skin care regimen for your specific skin needs. Everyone’s skin is so different that sometimes an outside look can be helpful in defining what would be best for your skin. A licensed professional can tell you specifically what your skin could use some help on. They might recommend some of the following tips to customize a plan for your skin:
- Wash your face morning and night
- If your skin is more oily, use a toner
- Use a hydrating mask once per week
3. Receive a facial or chemical peel every 4 weeks up to your wedding day.
- Some of my clients’ favorite service to do before special events is a dermaplane.
- A dermaplane is when a licensed specialist uses a medical scalpel to gently exfoliate the surface of your skin to remove dead skin and peach fuzz. It promotes smoother skin, reduces the appearance of acne scarring, and is recommended for all skin types. It also really helps your skincare products to penetrate deeper into the skin, and when applying makeup it provides a cleaner and softer application. Perfect for the week before your wedding!
As much as I love Target, there really aren’t many products there that can help treat acne or tough texture on the skin.
I have worked with many soon to be brides in helping them clear their skin or just creating them a customized skincare regimen. Clear skin is not impossible! Schedule a consult with me today and receive 20% off! @araveartistry_skin_therapy