Planning a wedding is stressful enough. Between florists, hair and makeup artists, wedding planners, DJs, your friends and family- the people you have to communicate with is almost too much to keep track of. Booking a photo and video team is one of the best things you can do for your wedding. Our reviews speak for themselves. People recommend us to their friends and family for a reason! Booking both together saves you money, time and stress.
We have the unique experience of being a photo and video team as well as occasionally working our own separate weddings with different photographers and videographers. After working with other vendors that don’t know how to work with a videographer or a photographer I can’t stress enough the importance of finding people who work well together. Nothing ruins a happy moment like two people who want the same shot, but aren’t willing to compromise. This can result in a subpar shot from both parties. This brings me to my first point of why you should book a photo and video team:
- A photo and video team will have a shared incentive. We want to be able to represent our business in the best way possible. That means we want each other (both the photo AND video) to be amazing and will help each other achieve our best work. When you hire both separately, both vendors are only looking out for themselves and without fully acknowledging it- can actually be sabotaging the other’s shot. A team will talk over a plan together beforehand so they know where they will stand to set each other up for success. YOU are the priority for both vendors within a team, not the other way around!
- A photo and video team knows how to work together. Look at it this way- a football team would never win the Super Bowl without a game plan, or without having ever worked together before. WHY would you take a gamble and essentially do the same thing on your wedding day? A photo and video team KNOWS how the other person works. When Austin and I shoot together, we walk at the same time, we know the shots the other person is trying to get, we have the same goal in mind- its simple- we know the playbook. If you put two people together who only met an hour or 2 before, how do you expect them to be able to read each other’s minds when it comes to your wedding? YOU CAN’T! Hire people who work together REGULARLY!
- You have limited time on your wedding day. Every moment is crucial when it comes to the photographer and videographer getting the shots they need. A team knows how to work together to shoot at the same time and still achieve amazing shots. We’ve seen some vendors not know how to shoot at the same time together which results in you, the couple, getting burnt out FASTER because you have to do everything twice! That just doesn’t make sense to me? When you hire people who know how to work together, the session will go by so much faster and smoother!
- Your relationship will be tighter with a team! If you are constantly in communication with two separate businesses, you won’t have as much time to get to know them both really well. With a team, the communication lines are cut in half! We will have the same information so you don’t have to write everything out twice or risk telling someone the wrong information or missing some details between one and not the other! Also, having a good relationship with the people who are capturing the biggest day of your life is pretty important! If you aren’t comfortable around them, it will show in the pictures and videos! As a husband wife team, between the two of us we typically are able to connect with both the bride and the groom and make the day super fun! In fact, this has been a super big help with the bridal parties as well. By the end of the day we are all good friends!
- Most photo and video teams will give you a discount if you book both together. Think of the alternative option- hire 2 people who don’t know each other or how to work together and pay them full price for okay work OR hire 2 people who work well together (obviously… since we’re married and own a business together!) who will deliver amazing work, have the same vision and style, and will give you an amazing experience and even get a portion of that fee lowered! It just makes the most sense!
There is a reason we get booked out so far in advance and why SO many of our brides and grooms come from referrals. A team is the way to go! Of course we want you to have amazing pictures and videos, but we also want you guys to actually LOVE your wedding day! As your photographer and videographer we can help you achieve BOTH! When you guys are having fun, your pictures and videos will be so much better! That all starts with proper planning and relationships. We will get all your needs taken care of to set you guys up the right way for the BEST day of your lives! Finding a photo and video team should be one of the first things you focus on!