It’s time for real talk. Just know going into this post that I’m saying this as a friend and not a business owner. You absolutely NEED a videographer. Most of you know that I’m a full time photographer so for me to say this about someone else’s job means a lot! Austin and I got married about 2 years ago so I totally remember what planning a wedding was like. My biggest regret was not getting a videographer! I want to cry every time I think about it! DON’T BE LIKE ME! You shouldn’t have any regrets from your wedding especially pertaining to something that should’ve captured your memories!
Like I said, I’m a full time wedding photographer so what I’m about to write holds a lot of value. Video captures memories in a totally different light than photos! Let me tell you why:
- They tell a story so much better than photos. There’s a reason movies aren’t just a slideshow of still images with no sound. If you want to remember your wedding vividly and have your story told, videography is a need! Videography captures emotions, facial expressions and sounds SO WELL! Photo can get you halfway there, but video will really bring your wedding day full circle. Since you have that added sense of audio you’ll always be able to hear your vows, or the speech your dad gave, or your grandmas laugh! I can’t begin to tell you how many times I’ve heard my parents say that they wish they could hear the voices of loved ones who’ve passed away. Imagine having the advice your parents gave you on your wedding day when you’re 70. Video brings to life memories otherwise forgotten.
- Professional Quality- One time I had someone with an iPhone tell me they were going to stand next to me and record the ceremony on their phone. (HA! Not okay btw) I mean sure.. your uncle can record your wedding on a shaky and pixilated iPhone camera… but I guarantee you’ll never look at that video again. OR you can have someone with top of the line equipment capture that moment so your guests can relax and enjoy the moment. A videographers WHOLE JOB is to make you guys look awesome and document your day perfectly and in a pretty way! You won’t get that with people snap chatting 15 second clips of your wedding from the sides.
- Best memory capturerer- You know that every time Facebook reminds you of a memory or when you go to your parents house and they pull out the old home movies EVERYONE stops and watches them over and over. You NEED to have your wedding documented so you can relive that happy day over and over! Every anniversary, Valentine’s Day, special occasion- you’ll be pulled back to the day where you thought you couldn’t love your spouse any more than you did in that moment and every time you’ll be surprised. I can’t even begin to tell you how often I have past brides text me saying that they just had their anniversary and cried all over again when they watched their video.
- You have the budget for it- It’s SO WORTH the investment. Videos and pictures are the only things that GAIN value as they age. Don’t put a price tag on your memories! This is a necessity! When you’re showing this video to your kids you’ll be so grateful that you didn’t turn down the opportunity to film your wedding. Now that you’ve seen this post START saving your money so you don’t have to turn down one of the “best decision” so many brides have made. (That’s a direct quote! We had a bride tell us that a few weeks ago! GET VIDEO!)
- Take stress off you and your family- a videographers full purpose is to document those special moments and make you guys look awesome! We know you and your family have probably worked so hard to make your decorations look amazing and you took a lot of time to pick out the perfect dress, your fiancé spent weeks writing their vows. It’s our JOB to document it and make it look beautiful! Take that stress off your family. We will cover everything on your wedding day and give it to you in one big beautiful video. I’ll tell you this now- if you trust a family member or friend to “take videos” on their phone of your wedding day, you’ll never get them back! And even if you do, you’re not going to watch those 20 second bad quality shaky videos. Let us make a video for you that highlights your amazing day! You’ll have all the best moments in one place and it’s easy to share via social media with those who weren’t able to make it to your wedding!
If you haven’t caught the hint yet… VIDEOGRAPHY IS IMPORTANT! You’ll cherish your video forever! Some people look at it as a nice bonus, but I’m here to tell you that it’s just as important as photography. And that’s coming from a photographer! Make it a priority because it absolutely should be! You’ll never regret having the best day of your life documented for you to watch years and years later.
PS: Go check out our wedding videos here!