Nov 25, 2017 –
Christmas is more romantic than Valentine’s Day, there I said it, and with all the romance means one thing- DATES! Dates are hard to come up with though… that’s where I’ll help ya out! This is a list of my favorite dates to do during the holidays in Boise, Idaho!
- Caldwell lights – Who doesn’t love looking at Christmas lights? http://www.cityofcaldwell.org/live/city-of-caldwell-events/winter-wonderland#ad-image-3
If you want to drive around and look at Christmas lights, Johns Landing Way, Boise, ID 83703 is a street that has beautiful Christmas lights!
- Idaho Botanical Garden – SOOO PRETTY! https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g35394-d558667-Reviews-Idaho_Botanical_Garden-Boise_Idaho.html
- Sleigh rides – Basically riding in a sleigh ride is my dream. https://www.idahosleighrides.com I highly recommend following @thisisboise on instagram. They posted this last year, but I didn’t get the chance to make it. If they end up doing free sleigh rides locally again this year, what a fun date!
- Idaho X-Sports – Sledding is always a good time! https://idahoxsports.com
- Ice World – I love ice skating! Its only $5 per person on Wednesdays! https://www.idahoiceworld.com
- $20 date – You each get $10 to spend on each other. You can walk around downtown or the village and find something your date would love!
- Boise Philharmonic – Sometimes it just feels good to dress up all fancy and go out somewhere classy! https://boisephil.org
- The Ballet of Idaho – What says, “Its Christmas time!” like the Nutcracker Ballet?https://www.balletidaho.org/performances/the-nutcracker/
- Make a snow globe – Add something to it that involves the story of how you two met! https://alittlecraftinyourday.com/2013/07/21/how-to-make-a-snow-globe-diy-kid-craft/
- Ornament Shopping – You can do this anywhere! My favorites places to find unique ornaments are Target and World market.
- Make ornaments together – Make it easy! You can use popsicle sticks, glitter, pipe cleaners, beads, etc! It doesn’t have to be hard!
- Gingerbread mansion – Anyone can build a ginger bread house but can you build a ginger bread mansion? Change things up! Buy a gingerbread house and build onto it with graham crackers! See how tall you can make it or how many rooms you can add!
- Snow fort – The key to a good snow fort is to use pots and pans as brick impressions. Oh and add mistletoe to your fort so you can sneak in a kiss or two when you guys are hanging out in there ?
- Snowman building contest – Can you tell I like competitions? See who can make the most snowmen or the tallest! Loser has to make the winner hot chocolate and hunt down some mistletoe!
- Spin donuts – This is really more of a trust building date…. it’s terrifying, electrifying fun!
- Goodys – Goodys is an old fashion soda fountain and ice cream parlor. It has every type of candy you can think of too! One of my favorite dates is to order 2 of every jelly bean flavor, match them up and then try to guess the flavor! If you want to make it a little more interesting, add the bean boozled jelly beans! http://www.goodyssodafountain.com
- Pancake House – This place has the BIGGEST PANCAKES YOULL EVER SEE!!!! It’s seriously delicious! Attached to the restaurant is a holiday shop filled with cute Christmas gifts! While you’re eating, ask your date about what their Christmas was like as a kid and then go to the shop and buy each other something that reminded you of their story!
- Become your own hot chocolate critique – Go to 3 local coffee shops & split a hot chocolate at each one & rate them to find your favorite.
- Homemade cookie decorating competition – Are snickerdoodles really the best Christmas cookie? Doubt it. You haven’t tasted my white chocolate cookies yet! This is the only competition I can ever beat Austin at and it feels GOOD! Use tooth picks to add in some fine detail! You can use store bought frosting and add food coloring or make your own!
- Make snow ice cream – This should go without having to say this but…. don’t use the yellow snow http://www.housingaforest.com/snow-ice-cream/
- Christmas bucket list – Create a Christmas bucket list for life and cross off at least 1 a year (for married couples). Christmas in Jamaica May or may not be on Austin and I’s ?
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen – Help those in need during the holiday season.
- Light the World Challenge – Do as many as you can in one day! https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/light-the-world-25-days-of-service?lang=eng
- Stocking Fun – Fill a stocking with fun stuff from the dollar store and drop it off at peoples houses
- Christmas Episode Marathon – Watch your favorite series’ Christmas episodes while being cuddled up and drinking hot chocolate!
Christmas is magical. Take advantage of the happy spirit in the air and
FALL IN LOVE!!!! Hope you enjoyed this list!